At Aldryngton Primary School we follow the principles of Inclusion as laid down in the Special Educational Needs Code of Practice (2014):
- To ensure all pupils are offered full access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum
- All pupils will be given the opportunity to reach their full potential educationally, emotionally, and physically
- All teachers view themselves as teachers of pupils with special educational needs, teaching such pupils is a whole school responsibility
- All pupils with special educational needs should have their needs met
- Pupil’s special educational needs will normally be met in the mainstream classroom
- Pupil’s views should be sought and taken into account
- Parents/carers have a vital role to play in supporting their child’s education and therefore good home/school links are established
The designated SENCo at Aldryngton Primary School is Mrs Alison Tomsett
For further information about how Aldryngton Primary School ensures that the needs of all pupils are met please see our policies page for our SEND policy.
For details about our local offer, please click HERE.