APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Team up with your friends to take part in the special 2020 LOCKDOWN edition of the Aldryngton PTA Try-a-Tri and help us continue to raise vital funds for the school.
June should be the month of our ever-popular PTA Try-a-Tri. For the event, children form teams of three (a swimmer, a cyclist and a runner) to compete against other teams in a triathlon competition. Social distancing rules mean that we won’t be able to run the event as normal this year, but we still want to give all pupils an opportunity to team up with their friends to gain a medal and help raise some vital funds that will allow the PTA to continue to support the school.
The special 2020 Lockdown Try-a-Tri rules are:
• Unless participants live in the same household, they should not carry out their leg of the race together.
• Runners should challenge themselves to run a distance of their choosing outside.
• Cyclists should challenge themselves to run a distance of their choosing outside.
• Since pools are not open, swimmers can carry out their swim or splash in a garden pool, paddling pool, under a hose etc. (basically anything the involves getting wet!)
• To count, the PTA needs to receive a video or photo of the race leg being carried out.
• The event will not be timed (since we can’t all do the same course), but there will be special prizes for the most creative entries.
WHAT TO DO NEXT…
1. Form a team of three with two other students (can be across any of the year groups)
2. Agree on your team name and who will do the running, cycling and swim/water elements of the race.
3. Register your child via the application form below and pay the entry fee (£4 per child) via the link below (you will need your team name and the names of your team mates). If you are entering more than one child you will need to complete one form for each child and also pay separately.
4. Ask your friends and relatives to sponsor you via: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/aldryngton-pta-reading
5. Submit videos (or photos) of you doing your leg of the race to the PTA by emailing email@example.com before the race deadline of 8th July.
The deadline for registering to take part is 14th June 2020.
The deadline to complete the race is 8th July 2020.
All participants will receive a medal, certificate and a treat (delivered via contact-free hand delivery).
If your child would like to take part but is without a team please contact us and we will team you up with others.
Stay safe! We look forward to seeing all your entries!
Any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org