Welcome to Lower School
Lower School has three classes with children from Years 1 and 2.
Our classes are taught by Mrs Culham, Miss Blackaby and Mrs Coleman/Mrs Smith
They are supported by Mrs Calway, Mrs Samdarni, Mrs Bunney, Mrs Perrin, Mrs Harris, Mrs Kiff and Mrs Stone
School uniform: Please ensure that all items of school clothing and shoes are named.
Library: Tuesday is library day. Your child will bring home a library book and will need to make an entry in their library diary. They should give a brief summary of the book and draw a labelled picture. Please encourage your child to include why or not they enjoyed reading the book. They should return their library diary and book the following Monday, in order for their teacher to read and mark their entry. IMPORTANT: If their child has been unable to get to the library during the week, please read a book from home and review in the same way.
PE: PE days are Tuesday (multi-sports with FAB Academy) and Wednesday with their class teacher. Children must have a PE kit school at all times. The PE kit should be a white T-shirt, blue shorts and trainers. They might also like to include a blue sweatshirt and leggings. Please ensure that all items are named.
Water bottles: Please make sure your child has a named water bottle in school every day. Please ensure that your child’s water bottle is not brought into school in their book bag. Water bottles often leak and can damage school books.
Art lessons: Please ensure your child has a named painting apron/shirt in school.
Curriculum and Assessment information is available here
For more details about what your child should bring to school each day and PE/games, please click on links below.
- Lower School Songs 2017 (Mrs Smith/Mrs Coleman’s class)
- Lower School Curriculum Overview Summer 2017 Part 2
- Lower School Curriculum Overview Summer 2017 Part 1
- KS1 Assessments 2017 Information for Parents
- Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar Information
- What is Phonics and How Can You Support at Home?
- Lower School Reading Presentation
- Lower School Timetable 2016 – 2017
- SPaG Information Evening presentation Lower School
- Lower School recommended Reading List Spring 2016