Governor: Ann McKie

Name: Ann McKie.

Role: SEN/Safeguarding/PPG Governor.

Member of: Finance Committee, Curriculum & Safeguarding Committee, Staffing Committee, Grounds Development.

Governor Profile:

I have been involved with Education all my working life. I worked for Berkshire County Council Education Department before leaving to be a full-time Mum.

My eldest son joined Aldryngton Primary School in 1986 and a few years later I joined the school office staff and worked at the school for 15 years as Clerk to the Governors, School Secretary and lastly as Finance Officer. I left to work for Reading Borough Council Education Department in 2003. I decided to keep my contact with school and became a governor in 2004.

During my time as a governor I have been Chair of Governor, Chair of Finance Committee and Safeguarding Committee. I am currently Vice Chair of Governors and a member of the Finance, Curriculum and Safeguarding and Staffing Committees.

I enjoy helping out on Grounds Working Group and recognise the amazing contribution the PTA and parents have made to the school. I have now retired and come into school one morning a week to help in the Middle School. This is very rewarding and helpful to me in my role as Governor.

My sons loved their time at Aldryngton Primary School and I feel privileged to have been associated with the school for so many years. I have seen many changes – the devolvement of financial responsibility to the school, Ofsted, National Curriculum changes, SATS, changes to Assessment and many other initiatives that various governments have introduced. Every time the school management and teachers have responded in a positive way to ensure that the children have the best opportunities in learning and we believe fun at school.

I believe that this is an amazing unique school and I look forward to supporting the school with the challenges and changes that the future brings.

I have no doubt that the school will continue to provide an excellent learning environment and a wonderful safe place for our children.